Beekeeping in McLean Co

Hello. My name is Colonel Jay Jones, retired US Army Colonel. I grew up in McLean Co and am now looking to move back home. I'm the process of buying a 100 acre farm West of Beech Grove along the Green River where I plan to establish my Apiary. I am closing on the farm May 25th. I am initially looking at setting up 4 hives which I already have the woodware for. I will be buying packaged bees locally to get my colonies established so I don't think I need any inspectin certificates. My question is around the requirements and licenses within the commonwealth for farming honeybees? I currently have an apiary and business in North Carolina that I will be relocating to my new farm.

McLean County Kentucky beekeeping agriculture mclean county kentucky

Hello. Thank you for your question. Please contact the McLean County Extension Office. I have included the contact information below.

McLean Cooperative Extension Office
335 West 7th St, Calhoun, KY 42327-0265
(270) 273-3690