Planting a small family corn plot

I plant about 8,000ft2 of seeet corn for the family garden. Half will be early corn and half late corn. I cultivate the whole plot with my tractor and plant half with early corn and half with late maturing corn. The ground is perfect and I plant the corn by hand the day I cultivate the ground. The problem I have is as the corn germinates so does the weeds. It's a constant battle all summer and I feel we damage the young corn when we try controlling the weeds by hand. There has to be a better way. Is there a weed killer I can use that will be safe to use on the corn? I heard if roundup ready corn cant buy a few pounds without a license??? Do you have a pamphlet or directions on how to plant a small weed free family plot if corn?

Armstrong County Pennsylvania

This Question is Waiting for an eXtension Answer

What's an eXtension Answer? Your questions are answered by Cooperative Extension and University staff and volunteers from across the United States. That means the answer given here will be objective, research-based and credible.