Water run off...

Asked March 28, 2017, 8:37 AM EDT

I have been in my new home for three years. I have a major problem with water run off from my neighbor who lives behind me. I have trenches in my front yard, and have had truck loads of dirt applied twice...any suggestions?

Bell County Kentucky

1 Response

Working with the neighbor to slow the runoff would be advisable. Strategically placing straw bales to catch/divert the water might help. The trenches need to be repaired and vegetation established on the soil to hold it in place. Each situation is different and may require different techniques. The Bell Co. Extension office in in the courthouse in Pineville (606-337-2376). A visit to discuss your questions in person might help better address your needs.