Can I cultivate ramps in the NC piedmont?

I live by the woods, but I don't think we don't get enough rain here in the Charlotte, NC area for ramps to occur naturally. I'm wondering if I can grow ramps in the ground if I irrigate the area all season? Trilliums and bloodroot are in these woods, but for the last years, because of summer drought, they are struggling to continue as well as they once did and most have died out.
I think part of my concern is how quickly the heat comes to this area and that might not give the ramps time to fully develop to survive the following months.

Gaston County North Carolina forest farming native plants edible landscapes nontimber forest products

While ramps are native to western North Carolina, they do not naturally occur in the Piedmont. Your best bet to grow them in Gaston County would be to find a north facing slope with hardwood forest cover. Extension specialist Jeanine Davis has an excellent site with resources about growing ramps:
http://mountainhort.ncsu.edu/fletcher/programs/herbs/crops/ramps/index.html