Starting seeds indoors

I decided this year to stay seeds indoors so I may have a harvest. I'm new to the gardening thing and was unsuccessful in the last two years with some vegetable plants. I am using an indoor mini greenhouse... Or an old Casey's General Store clear donut container. My seeds just sprouted. I have tried this last year and the plant molded after some time. How long do I need to leave it in the closed container? Do I need to open it just after sprouting? I can't seems to find an answer for indoor mini's. The WWW seems to only talk about mini's outdoors.

Sibley County Minnesota starting seeds indoors horticulture

Thank you for your question.

If you are working with clean container and soil, then you can remove the plastic cover once the seedlings are starting to touch the cover.

If you are working with re-used containers and re-used soil, there is the possibility that fungal spores are present, which will germinate with the humidity in an enclosed environment.

For additional information, please follow this link - http://www.extension.umn.edu/garden/yard-garden/flowers/starting-seeds-indoors/

Hope this helps.