Sowing directly or transplanting seedlings?

Hello, I am planning on doing some gardening and had some questions about if I can direct plant the following seeds or if I need to transplant seedlings? I don't have the option right now to start seeds. I am mostly concerned about cole crops (broccoli and cauliflower specifically) but am interested to know the same about the following herbs as well: fennel, oregano, rosemary, sage, and thyme. Thank you, Liz Schlimgen

Hennepin County Minnesota

Cauliflower seeds should be started inside because the plants grow best in cool, moist conditions. By mid July summers in MN can be very hot. It is best to get one's harvest before temps rise. Broccoli can be direct seeded in the garden and do well. It tastes best if grown when temps are cool but many varieties are adapted to hotter temps.
Rosemary and fennel require a long growing season and should be started indoors. Oregano, sage and thyme can be direct seeded.