Allium purple sensation invasion

I planted THREE allium purple sensation bulbs in my flower garden about ten years ago. Now I have THOUSANDS of them all over my garden, and some of them jumped into the lawn too. I realized that the flowers seeded themselves after four or five years later, but it was too late. Every early spring, I tried to pull them out as many as I can, but the bulbs stayed under ground. More and more come out every year. I am afraid that I might have to turn the garden upside down in order to get rid of the bulbs. The trouble is that I have so many perennials, shrubs and roses in the garden. I would desperately like to know if there are better ways to get rid of them. Thanks. Joy

Jefferson County Colorado flowers: annuals and herbaceous perennials

This Question is Waiting for an eXtension Answer

What's an eXtension Answer? Your questions are answered by Cooperative Extension and University staff and volunteers from across the United States. That means the answer given here will be objective, research-based and credible.