Recipes from high altitude, but, baking in low altitude area.

I bought a cake cook book from Sweden and found that the recipes are drier than I expected. Could this be because the author is from Sweden, where the book was published, and I'm in Wisconsin, baking at a lower altitude than hers?
I don't know where to find information on how to help me adjust the recipes. High altitude baking is easy to find. Not so with the opposite.
Thank you very much.
Rebecca Schaeffer
katz53@charter.net
262/473_6127

Walworth County Wisconsin food preparation

I'm trying to find the most appropriate individual to answer your question. What county in Wisconsin do you reside? Thanks! Ruth

I live in Walworth county

The only thing that I can think of is to look at the High Altitude document that our State Specialist put together and do the reverse. In your computer SEARCH engine type the words Colorado State University Extension and high altitude food preparation. You should be able to get a copy of the document and then review the suggestions for baking and do the reverse. I hope this makes sense.