canning

Do you offer any information for cold pack canning? I have been canning for years and I would like to try this method but find there is not enough information. Also, does it help keep pickles crisper?

Thank You

Douglas County Colorado canning

All of the CSU Extension and UDSA pickle directions and recipes that I looked at call for hot water bathing pickles to make them shelf stable. I think you are talking about making refrigerator pickles. The “Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving”, edited by Judi Kingry & Lauren Devine has 3 refrigerator pickle recipes (“Easy Zesty Bread & Butter Chunks”, “Refrigerated Dill Slices” and” Crunchy Mixed Refrigerator Pickles”). Due to copyright issues I can’t send you these recipes. I suggest you see if your library has a copy of the book or if they can borrow it from another cooperating library. I have my own copy and have tried many of the jam, jelly and mustard recipes. All were great!