food grade greenhouse planters for school greenhouse program

Hi,
I am the master gardener/educator in charge of our school's greenhouse in metro Detroit. We have seedlings of lettuces and spinach started that we intend to replant indoors in our greenhouse for eventual use in our school cafeteria salad bar. Our greenhouse has 20+ foot tables with automatic sprinklers and our plan was to grow the greens (and radishes as well) in gutters. However, gutters come in aluminum and vinyl and neither are really healthy. What could we use that would be troughs or shallow tubs made from food grade material? Where could we look for this?

Oakland County Michigan master gardener program greenhouse

Since you are looking to re-use or re-cycle plastics tubs and other containers I have found a link that shows you what all the different marks on the bottoms of container mean. It also explains which ones are safe to use around and with food. https://www-tc.pbs.org/strangedays/pdf/StrangeDaysSmartPlasticsGuide.pdf
This can be printed out and shared with anyone who is helping you out.
If I can be of any further help let me know.

Karen