Asked March 2, 2017, 10:49 AM EST

We have several large yew shrubs that we would like take out. How do we dispose of them due to their toxicity?

Centre County Pennsylvania trees and shrubs composting

1 Response

I would contact the Centre County recycling center regarding woody waste disposal. Most communities offer curbside pickup and considering the volume of material they compost, the yew would be diluted in all that biomass composting. Contact them at:
Centre County Recycling & Refuse Authority
253 Transfer Road | Bellefonte, PA 16823
Phone (814) 238-7005 | Fax (814) 238-3195 | Recycling (814) 238-6649
Thank you, G.