Current recomendations, both organic and other, for botrytis

Hello, Was reading about molds and mildews common to greenhouses on the PSU website and it suggested that I contact the extension for a current list of treatments, cures, or preventative measures for Botrytis. I appreciate any assistance you could offer very much, it is taking over a greenhouse! Matt 858-245-5765

Santa Barbara County California greenhouse botrytis

Hello, I would really need to know which crops you are growing to know whether the products are labeled for your needs. If you are growing edible crops the products below may not be appropriate. It is always a good idea to read over the label and make sure it is appropriate and safe for your crop and use site. That said, here a few of the currently labeled organic or biopesticides.

Potasium silicate (Such as Sil-Matrix) some greenhouse crops are listed on label.

Copper (Several products, including Camelot O for organic production)

Bacillus subtilis GB01 (Sold as Companion Liquid Biological Fungicide) –Do not mix with copper.

Bacillus subtilis QST 713 (Sold as Cease)

Reynoutria sachalinensis extract (Botanical extract, sold as Regalia PTO Biofungicide)

Streptomyces lydicus, Actinovate SP (73314-1) Actino- Iron (73314-2)

Streptomyces griscoviridis Mycostop Biofungicide (64137-5)

Trichoderma harzianum. PlantShield HC or RootShield

These are natural and chemical pesticides that are registered with the EPA, but some states are more restrictive, like CA and NY, and the some chemicals may not be registered for use in your state. To confirm registration in your state, look up the pesticide in the NPIRS website: http://state.ceris.purdue.edu/

It looks like you are in California. Here is a fact sheet on Botrytis from UC Davis: http://ipm.ucanr.edu/PMG/r280100511.html . They have some conventional pesticides listed on the website.

If you write back and let me know the specific crops, I can try to find more precise recommendations.