transplants of tomatoes

I live in Texas until about April and then I live in Northern Missouri, Putnam County for summer. Obviously the tomato plants at greenhouses here are very much ahead of ones I can get in Missouri. I'm wondering if I would have luck with bringing more mature tomato plants up with me and plant them in Missouri when weather permits.

Comal County Texas

Sure, you can bring tomatoes from Texas and plant them here. As long as the weather is warm and past the danger of frost, there should be no issue with planting them here in Missouri. We do have a variety called 'Fourth of July' available in Missouri garden centers and at local greenhouses. It really does produce tomatoes around the 4th of July. It's one of the earliest varieties I've ever grown.

Keep in mind, that most tomato plants are susceptible to fungal diseases such as Septoria Leaf Blight or Early Blight, so these plants your bring up from Texas won't necessarily be immune to disease we have here. They may still get a disease if we have a rainy spring and summer.