Loss of CEC
I have a no-till field in rotation ( corn & beans) that has lost about 4 CEC in 6 years not sure why. The1st sample was taken in November 2010, with the most resent being November 2016. 14 samples averaged 21.5 CEC in 2010 and 17.5 CEC in 2016.Organic Matter has increased a little starting at 3.2 in 2010 and 3.4 in 2016.
Marshall County Illinois
Thank you for your question to us at eXtension. I'm afraid that I can't find anyone in our online system who has the expertise to help you. I would suggest that you contact the following specialists:
From the University of Illinois:
- Bruce BranhamProfessorbbranham@illinois.edu
- DoKyoung 'D.K.' LeeAssociate Professorleedk@illinois.edu
- Emerson NafzigerResearch Education Center CoordinatorProfessorednaf@illinois.edu
- Cameron PittelkowAssistant Professorcmpitt@illinois.edu
- Maria VillamilAssociate Professorvillamil@illinois.edu
From Purdue University:
Cliff Johnston - firstname.lastname@example.org;
Phillip Owens - email@example.com
Darrell Schulze - firstname.lastname@example.org
Bernard Engel - email@example.com;
I hope some of these specialists can help you. You may want to send them copies of your soil test results, if you have them.