Horses & Hazelnut tree safety

We are planning to plant a small hazelnut orchard with climate 6B tolerant hazelnut trees on our small family farm in Tumalo. In considering the site, we would appreciate knowing if hazelnut trees (pecans as well, since Shawnee Pecan is tolerant of our area) are safe around horses. I accessed information on toxic trees, ie cherries, red maple, oak, etc, but have not been able to find an expert opinion on hazelnut trees. I would appreciate your help in this matter.

Deschutes County Oregon horses pastures and forages toxic plants

I have searched the web and there is no mention of hazelnut trees or pecans being poisonous. I looked at Oregon State publications, USDA and other Extension websites around the country and there is no mention of pecans or hazelnuts being poisonous. However, I would recommend fencing these trees away from horses so they don't damage the tree. Fencing will also limit the horses' exposure to the trees just in case there is some toxicity science has not yet found. In many cases a plant is poisonous only if the animal eats a lot of the plant. Red Maple is a good example, one leaf is not a big deal but a stomach full of them is a serious problem. Hope this helps and if I can help with anything else, please let me know.