I have a single Schubert cherry tree in my yard in a suburban environment. It...

Asked January 23, 2017, 11:59 AM EST

I have a single Schubert cherry tree in my yard in a suburban environment. It has black knot fungus (Dibotryon morbosum). I have trimmed out the fungal growth and want to apply a fungicide in the spring. All I have read tells me that the effectiveness of fungicides for black knot can be affected by the region in which I live and that I should contact my local extension for advice. Please tell me which fungicide is best for our area. While I live in Licking County, I'm just six (6) houses over the line from Franklin County; I live in Reynoldsburg.

Licking County Ohio fungicides cherry trees

I would say the fungicide Chlorothalonil . I have tried to attach a page with information for you. If it does not go through please e-mail me at kreager.5@osu.edu and I will e-mail it directly to you. I have not worked through this ask an expert e-mail system in the past. There are a number of trade names for this compound and they are listed on the attachment.