Disease on Yew plant

I have a Yew that is 42 years old, about 12ft tall and 6 ft wide. Up until a few months ago it was very healthy. Over the last 3 or 4 months all the needles which were green have turned brown. Now the entire Yew is brown. Do not see many brown needles on the ground. What should I do to save this plant. Thanks.

Carroll County Maryland

We really do not have enough information to answer your question. You can send us digital photos of the shrub and around the base of the shrub.
Yews do not get a lot of insect and disease issues. May be a root problem. Yews in general do not like wet feet and grow best in well drained soil. Heavy clay soils and poor drainage can cause decline. Look for downspouts and any drainage issues in the area. If so, you will need to correct this. It is possible the yew may not be able to recover.