I am interested in measuring the level of radon in our homes basement. I have...

I am interested in measuring the level of radon in our homes basement. I have read that it can be a health hazard and is not uncommon in Ohio homes. Should I have reason to investigate this? What is the best way to go about doing this that won't break the bank?

Wyandot County Ohio radon radon test kits

You can contact the local health department for a free kit.

Wyandot County Public Health
127-A South Sandusky Avenue
Upper Sandusky, Ohio 43351

Monday-Friday
8:30am – 4:30pm

Phone: 419-294-3852

Environmental hazards in the home harm millions of children each year. The healthy homes program addresses multiple childhood diseases and injuries in and around the home. The Wyandot County Healthy Homes Program addresses a variety of environmental health and safety concerns including mold, lead, allergens, carbon monoxide, home safety , and radon. This program focuses on educating the public on how to mitigate these housing-related hazards.

With a grant through the Ohio Department of Health, Wyandot County Public Health offers free radon test kits to Wyandot County residents. Contact us to schedule a time to come to the office and receive your free kit.

Click here to view a brochure filled with information on maintaining a healthy home.