Zoning Board of Appeals

Asked January 9, 2017, 10:41 AM EST

Can you tell me if our Township has to allow residents who have built without a permit to be heard in front of the ZBA? What is the best way to handle situations like this?

Iosco County Michigan zoning appeals zoning board of appeals

1 Response

In Michigan any aggrieved person has the right to appeal any decision or action of the zoning administrator. If the zoning administrator takes enforcement action on someone because they "have built without a permit " that action by the zoning administrator can be appealed.

Even an appeal that some may view as having no chance of prevailing has to be heard if the person files the demand for the appeal and paid the fee for appeals.