Winter plants

Howsdy smart person, I was looking for resources regarding local plants, naturalized or nataive, for culinary purposes. Also in growing said plants in my home vegetable garden. December is a bad planting time but could still be a good time for transplanting or even graphting, harvesting subterranian parts for propigation. I have googeled and checked my local library's for info and in the growing season became familiar with many local plants and where they grow . I also educated myself on home gardening. However my education shouldn't halt just because the plants stoped growing. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. Even if local wild plants food info isnt availible i appreciate your efforts and time in any info you offer. Thanks Yax

King County Washington wildflowers and native plants home gardening vegetable gardening

I suggest contacting the King County Extension Office in Renton for advice for your area (http://extension.wsu.edu/king/contact/).

Elaine Anderson, Extension Coordinator, Master Gardener
elaine.anderson@wsu.edu
(206) 685-5104