rooting and growing African violets-- mine original plant is gone-- I need to root and grow from it.

rooting and growing African violets-- mine original plant is gone-- I have been rooting leaves from the original for over 45 years. Now I have problems rooting and then keeping the plants alive- and have them bloom. They seem to grow but soon die--- I use violet soil-- treat leaves in enzyme- My system hasn't changed except now I can't keep them alive for very long.

Chisago County Minnesota african violets

Since you have been growing African Violets for 45 years I think you are an expert at propagating and growing violets. The problem could be that the plant has a virus that is manifesting and making the plant sickly. Another possibility is the violet has scale, an insect that can weaken violets. Possibility three; is a new gas appliance that is leaking small amounts of gas and causing the violets to die? Violets are very sensitive to "stove gas". Violets can get sick from amounts so small humans can't even smell the gas. The amount that can make a violet sick is far less than what can make a human sick.
I suggest replacing the violet with a new one because I think it unlikely with as much success as you have had that you are doing anything wrong.