Emerald Ash Borer

Hi, I have about 20 ash trees in various states of damage from the Emerald Ash Borer in my 2 acres of woodland. I see damage in other places around here, including the mountain heading up to the Appalachian Trail (I live about a mile north of Black Rock). I'm looking for advice on whether these trees can be saved, or what can be done to lessen the impact of the damage. Also, is there any preventive work the DNR is doing along South Mountain? Thank,

Washington County Maryland invasive eab emerald ash borer damage

There is not a whole lot to be done. Trees that are focal points in a landscape that are relatively healthy can be treated, but that is not suggested in a woodland setting.
Unfortunately, emerald ash borer is now widespread in Maryland and our most recent information is showing ash death in several western Maryland counties, including Washington county.
Here is our website page with the latest information and links to much more:http://extension.umd.edu/hgic/invasives/emerald-ash-borer

We are not aware that DNR is doing any preventative work, but you can check with them.