My adonida palm isn't flowering

Hello. I live in the state of Missouri and last year purchased an Adonidia Palm from a garden center. In the spring time I took it outside and in the summer I re-potted it. Once I re-potted it the plant "took off!" Lots of new growth. It is being regularly fertilized and looks fantastic! Of course, it is now inside due to the weather.

The only thing that has NOT happened is the flowering and red fruit seeds. Does the plant have to mature to a certain age for this to happen? Also, are there certain environmental conditions that must be present for it to flower and fruit? It was bought for a church, and everyone was anticipating it fruiting and flowering around Christmas time, as this tree is known to do.

If anyone could let me know what promotes the flowering and fruiting of this tree I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Ron
St. Louis, MO

St. Louis County Missouri

This is a zone 10 plant and prefers tropical growing conditions. We cannot duplicate that in our Missouri homes. We have too many overcast and cloudy days in fall and winter. You will find it difficult to get most palms and tropical plants to flower in a home, church or business. You might get it to flower if it were placed in a greenhouse during the fall and winter months, but it still could take time for it to do that.
Here is information I found about the plant: This tree prefers well-drained, slightly sandy soil in full sun, although it can tolerate light shade. The plants require supplemental water as they establish, but once mature, these trees can withstand short periods of drought. They are also quite tolerant of saline soils. Fertilize every 4 months with a time release palm food. Because the plants are self-cleaning, you rarely have to do any pruning. The palms are susceptible to Lethal Yellowing. This disease will eventually take the palm. There is a preventative inoculation that is administered before the plant contracts the disease. A few fungal diseases are also of concern; but for the most part, Christmas palm tree care is a piece of cake, which is why the plant is so popular in warm climates.

Thank you Jennifer for your response! Makes sense.

Ron
St .Louis, MO