Heat

I have two chickens that won't go where I put the heat lamps. They insist on sleeping in the cold. I have placed two red lights in there area. One in the corner of the coop and one on there perch that they love. I finally locked them on the coop last night due to the snow. Now they are right back in the cold.

Washington County Oregon

That's a tough one. Fortunately, chickens are fairly resilient to the cold. Depending on the set-up of your coop, I would encourage you to try to keep them in the coop on the colder nights or when there will be snow. You could also try moving the heat lamp a bit further away from the perch since it may be just a little too warm for the two chickens to feel comfortable. If that will disrupt any other chickens then I would recommend making sure there is dry bedding on the floor of the coop and letting them settle where they feel like it even if it is on the ground. If they get cold then they'll move to the heat source. Just make sure to keep an eye on them for signs of any health concerns such as nasal discharge, difficulty breathing, sneezing, or anything else out of the ordinary. If you have any other questions, feel free to let me know. Good luck with your chickens!