Citrus trees

Asked December 15, 2016, 11:28 AM EST

I live in Galveston County, Texas. I have about 30 citrus trees that have been planted around 20 years. The trees seem to be dying one at a time. They are large trees, the leaves begin to wither, folding inwardly, turn yellow, the trees does not lose its leaves. I have treated the affected trees with Ironite and fertilize all of my trees 2-3 times yearly, in March, May and July with, usually, triple 13. The affected trees are not in the same area of my planting, being separated by 75 -150 feet.

A few shrubs and small trees in my yard have been infected with what my county agent says is anthracnose.

These I have removed and burned.

Galveston County Texas citrus

This tree death problem cannot be accurately diagnosed from this website portal. You should seek assistance from the Galveston County Texas A&M AgriLife Extension office, located in LaMarque at Carbide Park.

They can assist you with inspection and sampling of the plants through our Plant Disease Diagnostic Clinic, which can attempt to identify the source of your problem.

The contact information for the Galvestion Extension office can be found at the following web address: http://galveston.agrilife.org/contact/