Excessive horse manure pile

I am concerned that my neighbor owns 20 horses on 15 acres backing up to Blendon Woods metro park. She has a 5 year old manure pile that i would guess is at least 60 feet long, 8 feet high, and very deep. Could the decay and run off be harmful to my property and or the park. It is not treated that i am aware of.

Franklin County Ohio animal manure management

Generally no. However, we wouldn't want to see any nutrients runoff from the compost/manure pile onto another property or into surface water.

Thank you, my concern is mainly the possible detrimental effects.on my stocked fish pond and property in general. The pile is not contained, nor on a concrete pad, and does attract substantial insects in warmer months

Do you know if runoff from the pile is moving onto your land or into the pond? How close is the pond to the pile? Does the ground slope down from the pile to the pond? Have you spoken with the neighbor about your concerns? The real concern would be that nutrients (primarily phosphorus) could enter the pond, cause excessive plant growth, which could result in a fish kill eventually if plant growth was excessive