Student in need of guidiance

Asked December 7, 2016, 4:23 PM EST

Hello, The extension program came highly recommended from Mr. James Hilleary of Virginia Tech University. I am need of assistance as I seek to become a part of the agriculture community. My family currently owns land in Kentucky and we want to convert it into a farm, but need to have it surveyed first to make sure the land is farmable. I am in the process of constructing a business plan, but need help as I begin. If there is any information or advice you can give, please don't hesitate to contact me. Thank you in advanced for your time.

Prince George's County Maryland

1 Response

One resource you may want to check with first is the SCS (Soil Conservation Service) for the state of Kentucky. They will help survey the land and be able to suggest what the land may to suitable for growing or raising farm animals. The attached is available for Maryland but can be applied to any state.