Pruning Korean Firs

Hi, I have several Korean Firs planted in my landscaped front yard in Hood River. I know they're slow-growing, but we really want to keep them relatively small if possible. They've been there for about two years. Can we prune them, and if so, when should we do so? Also, they are quite filled out in the bottom 3/4, but then are very sparse at the top. Is this normal? I've attached pictures. Thank you!

Hood River County Oregon

This tree typically slowly grows up to 30 feet tall and 15 feet wide. Realize that this tree is way off site (out of its native range), so it is more difficult to predict exactly what it will do in your landscape. It is bushier at the bottom, but this could fade over time as the tree grows. Typically the central leader growth outpaces the rest of the tree as young.

Of course you can prune them, but do so very carefully....this tree is noted for its particular symmetrical shape, and if you interfere with that, you could come to regret it. I'm not certain what you mean about keeping them "small". Hopefully you've given them enough space to fulfill their potential.