Home made shiney leaf spray for murra's

Asked November 19, 2016, 7:05 AM EST

Hello!

Im looking for a homemade recipe for murras that will make the leaves shiny and healthy looking? I used to work in a plant nursery many years ago and cannot remember what my manager used to make up to spray on the murras we had growing there sixty thousand at a time.

I have about 4 that are six foot high by 1.5 metres wide in a hedge. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Jason

Redcliffe QLD

Australia

Outside United States trees and shrubs australia hedge plants

Thanks for your question. Unfortunately, I cannot find anything on the internet that is a plant called a 'murra,' so have to assume, from your description, that it is like a bay laurel or some sort. And, although I find leaf shine 'recipes,' they are for indoor plants, and often cause permanent staining to the leaves. Most commercial plant experts recommend water with a bit of dish soap in it, and then rinse, but this is for clean, rather than 'shiny' leaves. Sorry I cannot be of any assistance.