ANY SPECIAL TREATMENT TO DO TO THIS YEARS WILD FENNEL HARVEST TO PROPAGATE...

ANY SPECIAL TREATMENT TO DO TO THIS YEARS WILD FENNEL HARVEST TO PROPAGATE NEW PLANTS DURING THE NEXT GROWING SEASON.
MY PURCHASED SAEEDS FROM "SEEDS FROM ITALY" HAVE A 90 TO 95% germination rate. When I try to grow plants from the harvested seeds, germination rater is about 10 %. Any comments to help ?

Oneida County New York

I sent you a response to this question not too long ago, which I am repeating: The optimal time to harvest fennel seeds is just as they are turning dark, when they still have a tinge of green in them. They will have the best flavor if you use them right after you harvest them if you can manage to do so. If not, they store well when completely dried. You can tie a few flower stems together hand hang them inside a warm garage or shed for a couple of weeks, out of the sun and wind. This enables them to dry completely so they don't grow mold when you store them.