Continuation of service

Asked November 15, 2016, 6:05 AM EST

Our youth development agent is retiring and I am concerned about the interruption of service for our children. How is the transition to a new agent handled? What is the protocol for hiring a new agent? How quickly will the new person be on the job?

Allen County Kentucky

1 Response

Hello. Thank you for your question. We attempt to fill each vacant county position as soon as possible. The process begins with a discussion with the County Extension Council and 4-H Program Council. I have included the contact information below for Dr. Mark Mains, Kentucky 4-H Program Leader. He will have more specific information.

Dr. Mark Mains