Fall clean up
What is better? Raking leaves, moderate amount, and composting them or mulching them with the final mowing and leaving them on the grass?
Montgomery County Maryland
Here are some ideas for dealing with fallen tree leaves. See which one works best for you.
- Shred them with a mulching lawnmower and leave them in place (as long as they don’t completely cover your grass.)
- Shred them and add them to your compost pile.
- Cover your garden soil with shredded leaves.
- Use them to mulch perennials, trees and shrubs.
- Run them over with a mulching mower, bag them up and use them as a mulch next year.