Trumpet Honeysuckle -- overwintering in a pot?

Hi -- Two weeks ago I bought a Trumpet Honeysuckle (Lonicera sempervirens 'Major Wheeler'), intending to plant it on a new arbor this fall. Alas, my wife & I have not decided which arbor we want and it's getting cold. The Honeysuckle is still in its (two-gallon, I think) pot running up a very small trellis. Can it remain in the pot over the winter? In a sheltered location? The plant ID stick that came with it says Hardiness Zones: USDA Zone 4 to USDA Zone 8, which includes Maryland.

Baltimore County Maryland vines container overwintering trumpet honeysuckle

To overwinter outdoors Plants in containers need to be 2 zones hardier than your zone. You may be able to place the container next to your house and cover with pine boughs or shredded leaves for winter protection. Or even better sink the container in the ground to protect the root zone from the cold temperatures.