How to get ride of invasive ornamental grass?

Hi, I have an invasive ornamental grass that I would like to get rid of. I've cut it down and tried to dig it up but feel like its a never ending battle.... I am not sure what species it is but it did get as tall as 5ft this summer. I only have pictures of it from April of this year which was only about half of its hight. Its the grass along the fence in each picture. Do you have any suggestions on how to get rid of it without using chemicals? Do you know if anyone would like free ornamental grass for digging? Thanks!

Hennepin County Minnesota

It can be dug out, however it will probably require digging down about a foot because every bit of the root must be removed. It can be smothered by excluding light. It will probably take 2 years. Cover the grass with black plastic, or carpet or plywood. The cover must be opaque. Chemical control is faster and is effective, if care is used to only use the minimum amount of chemical and the application is only on a few plants doing so will have little impact on the environment in the rest of the yard. To limit e amount of chemical, if you decide to use it, cut off the grass near the ground and treat the cut stems immediately.