needle cast desieses on mature piner trees in Baltimore County

Hello, My pine trees are all starting to die.....some are gone. I have over a hundred of them. I am told it is needle cast and that they need to be sprayed with a liquid from the top down. So what do I spray specifically and when does one do it, spring or fall ? I am two miles from the County Ag Center....could a tree expert person come see me ? Thank you.

Baltimore County Maryland needle cast disease trees pine needle cast on pines pine needle cast disease

We are not staffed for on-site visits, but we have a plant pathologist on staff who can diagnose the type of needle cast disease from photos. Once the type of needle cast is identified, a treatment can be suggested. Please send us photos of needles--as close and as in focus as possible-- and also of a tree or portion of a tree that shows infection. Attach the photos in a reply to this e-mail.

Please read over our website's info on needle cast diseases: http://extension.umd.edu/hgic/evergreen-needle-cast-diseases-trees-and-shrubs

Incidentally, the Home and Garden Information Center (HGIC) is not a county office. We are located on a research farm in the center of the state and help the whole state from here.