what is the name of my evergreen tree and its problem

my eveergreen was suppose to be no more than 6ft high so planted it near my front porch..it is a flat, short needle, light green nine ft tree and the branches are beginning to turn yellow in the middle. What could possibly be the problem

Vigo County Indiana trees and shrubs disease issues tree health landscape plants evergreens horticulture

Thank you for sending your question to eXtension. Unfortunately, I'm not able to answer most of this question. There are many, many evergreens that are sold for landscape purposes. Without more information, or a picture of the plant/branches/needles, I cannot know what you have.

Likewise, I'm not sure what's going on with the yellowing needles. It could be normal fall needle drop, or a sign of something more serious. Again, I'd need photos, plus more information: age of plant; soil: type, drainage, pH; sunny spot or shade; etc etc etc.