Optimal soil pH for vegetable garden

I just received my MSU soil test results, see results below. My question is, what is the optimal soil pH for things like Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, Cauliflower & Tomatoes? I'm trying to determine if I need to add sulfur or not this fall while I'm adding potash to raise my potassium. Both need to be tilled in before winter.

Kind regards,
Larry Hewitt

Phosphorus (P) 593 ppm; Potassium (K) 67 ppm; Magnesium (Mg) 281 ppm; Calcium (Ca) 2187 ppm; CEC 13.448 meq/100 g; Soil type MINERAL , Loamy sand; Soil pH 7.2; Lime index 0; Organic Matter 6.1 %

Muskegon County Michigan

An ideal soil pH for a vegetable garden is 6.5 which is somewhat acidic. A soil pH of 7.2 is fine. If you needed to adjust the soil pH, that information will come with your recommendation.

If I had the code to your soil test recommendation, I could be more helpful. It is the number directly behind your name on the recommendation.

Gretchen,
Thanks for your fast response.
Here is my soil sample number:
"Soil Test (#7LDC55) Report for Larry Hewitt - Garden (crop: Vegetable Garden)"

Kind Regards,
Larry Hewitt

What is required on your soil test recommendation per 1000 square feet:

Nitrogen- 3-4 lb.

Phosphorus- 0

Potassium- 5.3 lb.

This translates into these amounts if you are using traditional fertilizers per 1000 sq. ft.:

N- 46-0-0 = 7 to 9 lb. per season, divided into 3 to 4 applications. In the spring, a week or two before planting use 1 to 2 applications of the 46-0-0 with the full amount of potassium and till into the soil at least 6 inches deep. In 6-8 weeks, use another part of the nitrogen. And in another 6-8 weeks use the last, if you were using 4 applications.

P- 0

K- 0-0-60 = 9 lb. applied once in the spring (all of it) at the same time the partial nitrogen application is used.

Since all fertilizers are percentages and not 100%, this figures in the correct numbers.

You need 5% organic matter and that's fine at 6.1 %. Your soil pH is fine at 7.2

If you have questions, contact me...