Please identify a volunteer

This plant appeared late in the season, and is in full bloom now (late October). I have searched my field guides and online resources but can't identify it. Having grown up in the nursery business in Maryland, I pride myself on knowing local plants, but this volunteer has me stumped. (The stem is somewhat reminiscent of Oleander, but clearly, it's not.) Can you tell me what it is, and whether it is hardy, and can I move it to a better location? What about propagation? Thanks, Roy Deppa Brookeville PS, I tried to give you two photos of the plant, one overall and the other a closeup of the now open blooms, but I can't tell if I've given you two of the same shot. I can email the photos if you need them.

Montgomery County Maryland

This looks like a type of milkweed (Asclepias).
It is either the one commonly called 'butterflyweed' (Asclepias tuberosa) or the tropical Asclepias curassavica.
The native butterflyweed is good for monarch larvae, like our other native Asclepias. It usually finishes blooming by now. If this photo was just taken, it's more likely the
tropical one, which we don't encourage planting.