Plant identification

I have had this plant for over 46 years and have been unable to identify it. Can you help me? I have attached photos of the up-right growth of the plant and a fleshy bloom. To my knowledge it has only bloomed 3 times in 46 years. It is easily propagated by cuttings and water. Only thing that kills it is frost.
Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Ellis County Texas

This looks like a type of jungle cactus, or Epiphyllum.
It may be Epiphyllum oxypetalum, sometimes called Night-blooming cereus or 'Queen of the Night'. It is sometimes referred to as an orchid cactus.
Each flower only blooms for one night and the flowers are large and very fragrant.

Yes, the pictures I brought up look exactly like the plant I have. Finally, after 46 years I have a name to give to the plant.

Would you have a reference as to cultivation of this "jungle cactus?

Thank you!

The name night blooming cereus is used interchangeably for several night blooming cacti. Take a look at the attached link for care. If you search the internet you should be able to find more information or check your local library.
http://www.uaex.edu/yard-garden/resource-library/plant-week/night-blooming-cereus-10-01-10.aspx

Thank you!