What is this

I need to know what kinda spider this is I have arachnophobia and my house is crawling with them

Spokane County Washington spiders spider identification

Hello and thank you for your question,

It's hard to identify a spider from a picture, as we often need to look at it under a microscope to be certain of what it is. If there is a way you can capture one in a jar and bring it into us, we might be able to give you a more specific identification.

Based on this picture, the size, coloring suggest that this might be what some people call a 'Barn funnel-weaver' or Tegenaria domestica. Their webs look like funnels and they frequently come indoors this time of year looking for a mate or food. I've put a link here to more information about controlling them. The article at the link is about their cousin, but they are controlled in the same way: http://pestsense.cahnrs.wsu.edu/Search/MainMenuWithFactSheet.aspx?CategoryId=2&ProblemId=842

If you need to have a specific identification done on these spiders, please feel free to bring one into our clinic at 222 North Havana Street, Spokane, WA just south of the Avista stadium baseball field by the county fairgrounds. Our clinic is open Monday through Thursday 9am-3pm and Friday 9am to 1pm. If our clinic is closed, you can leave samples at the main reception desk and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

I hope this helps, and I'm sorry for all the anxiety the spiders are causing you.