transferring herbs and veggies inside

When transferring herbs and veggies inside or growing micro herbs, is there a link you would suggest? I am interested in finding out more about grow lights. I see them online and would like to find out how to use them, before buying one. I have a sunroom, however, that does not seem like enough. Also, would like to find out about growing more inside, like micro greens and peppers that can go outside in the spring. I believe the best solution is to take a master gardeners course, however, they are only offered in the dead of winter, when I hope to be on vacation. Looking for all the links - books - suggestions you can provide. Do not seem to be getting enough information through google. Thanks for your time and effort.

Hennepin County Minnesota growing herbs indoors growing vegetables indoors horticulture