Bed Bugs

I am a Case Worker for Ionia County Commission on Aging. I have been tasked to contact a client and discuss the removal of bed bugs. I contacted a pest control company to get some idea in cost or resources to help limited income clients with resources. He stated that bed bugs are not a public health issue and is not treated as a disease and therefore he did not know of a program that would help the client.

Do you know of any financial support for the community to remove bed bugs?

Do you have any suggestions?

Ionia County Michigan bed bugs

I am not aware of any financial assistance that is available for the removal of bed bugs. If the individual lives in an apartment the landlord has a responsibility to keep the building habitable. I'm not an expert in landlord/tenant issues, but there is information on the michigan.gov website. The "Michigan Manual for the Prevention and Control of Bed Bugs" has information in the Appendix regarding Michigan law. This site also has helpful resources, including a booklet titled "Getting the Bed Bugs Out - A Guide to Controlling Bed Bugs in Your Home." This is a how-to guide for individuals who cannot afford to hire professional exterminators.

I hope this is of some help to you!