October blooming apricot tree

What do I do to save my apricot tree that is blooming now. I planted a new tree 2 years ago and when it bloomed in Oct. it never came back to life in the spring.

Orange County California

Thanks for your question, but I'm not sure I understand it. You said your tree never came back to life in the spring. Does that mean it just didn't bloom? If it's blooming now, it sounds like it's still alive.

The issue that you are describing just may be the amount of heat in Orange County, since apricot trees are very sensitive to temperature. Here's a link to an Extension article that addresses apricot tree care.

Hope it's helpful. Good luck!

sorry the Apricot that that died was just 1 year old. I bought it in the spring and all was well then in Oct when the leaves started to fall it decided to bloom. The next spring it never came back to life . I don't want to loose my old tree which is about 20 years old because it started to bloom 2 weeks ago.

I understand your concern. Have you reviewed the article I sent you? I'm afraid that the article I referred you to is about all the resources I can find.

Yes thank you. I will just have to wait and see I guess