Aronia Berry Plant Yields

I have two Aronia berry plants in 10 gallon containers in my back yard in Ocean Pines. They were in their third year when we moved here from Philadelphia PA area. The first year they had only one or two blossoms and handful of berries. The second year they did much better yielding several hurts of berries .The past two years they have stopped producing berries. I used my compost and Hollytone the first year and Fish Emollient (5-1-1) and coffee grounds this year. Is there anything you can suggest to help me get berries again. The plants are 8 ft tall and seem very "leggy" to me. They have grown taller each year and the leaves have good color. Would trimming them back in the winter possibly help? Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Worcester County Maryland aronia shrub no berries

First, we ae not experts in growing Aronia. You did not mention why you are growing in containers. They are better suited to growing in the ground and we recommend that you plant them in the ground this fall or find a location where you can.

Here is a link on Aronia for more information regarding phenology, establishment, care, etc. We cannot comment on the pruning as we do not know what type or cultivar you are growing http://extension.umd.edu/aronia