I live in Toronto, Ontario and found this insect in my apartment

Asked October 7, 2016, 5:56 PM EDT


I live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada and found this insect in my apartment. I was wondering if anyone knew what this is?

Thank you.

Outside United States

1 Response

This is a spider commonly called an isopod eater. It eats what most people refer to as pill bugs, sow bugs, slaters, woodlice, This spider is normally found outdoors where they can find their preferred food. If you have a moist basement, which may attract the isopods, then you could have this spider feeding on them. Both are originally from Europe.