Raspberry underground cane containment

I wish to plant a raspberry plant in my plot in a community garden. I must keep it contained within its plot (approx. 4 x 4). Can you suggest a containment method that would work to keep the underground canes within their space. I am mulling over putting in lumber that I would sink into the ground to make an underground barrier. Suggestions, please. Thank you.

Baltimore Maryland fruits and vegetables container gardening raspberry production

Raspberries will wonder all over your garden unless contained. One method is to plant them in a large container 2' by 2' and bury the whole container in the ground.If you plan to build an inground container, it should be at least 18" deep to prevent the rhizomes from spreading.

ro

Thank you for the input. Will consider as I make my final decision on whether or not to purchase the raspberry plant. LT