Gardening resources for Oregon

I am a Master Gardrner in Iowa, planning to move to Albany, OR in about a year. I would like to know what I need to do to become a MG in OR and some recommendations for books and other resources for gardening in that part of the state. I know it will be different from what I'm used to with Midwest weather. Thank you for your help. I look forward to being an active MG in Oregon!

Linn County Oregon

I am the coordinator of the Master Gardener program in Linn County. We would be happy to work you into our program here. When is your anticipated move date? What year did you go through training in the midwest? Because the climates are different, I would probably suggest to go through the entire MG training program again so that you can get all of the local information and resources. We training annually January - March. However, we probably wouldn't make you do all of the required payback hours for new volunteers. If you would like, you can email me your contact information to pamela.opfer@oregonstate.edu. You can also check out the website for our local program here: http://extension.oregonstate.edu/linn/horticulture

Let me know when you arrive in Oregon!