What is this bug and how do I get rid of it?

I found 3 of these tiny little larva things in my bed.. I then found one brown one which is dead underneath my mattress. They're tiny, about the size of a grain of rice. I'm freaking out that they're bed bugs but was told that they are beetles.. please help

Morris County New Jersey household pests pest identification bedbugs

Good news! They do not appear to be bed bugs. If you loo at the picture of the bed bug life cycle you can see the shape and color are wrong.

It doesn't look like any of the typical indoor pests I'm used to dealing with. That said, I don't often deal with indoor pests. I would suggest trying to catch them in a glass or plastic jar and taking them into your local extension office for ID (County Building 550, West Hanover Avenue, Morristown, NJ - 973-285-8306). Avoid catching them on tape - it tends to break legs and antennae, making ID more difficult.

I'd call ahead to see when the best time to bring a sample in would be.