Tall fescue grass seed recommendation

Can you please recommend the best commercially available tall fescue grass seed? I live in Jarrettsville, Harford County. The lawn services all seem to use the same Kentucky 31 seed - and it doesn't hold up in the weather conditions we have here. I've read and been told numerous times that tall fescue is only TYPE of seed to use in the "transition zone", but I cannot find a clear recommendation as to the best brand or supplier of this seed. And moreover, where to buy it in quantities small enough for residential lawns. Can you please help? I'd rather spend extra money on quality seed and do it myself than spend another $400 on a service that uses an inferior product. Thank you in advance.

Harford County Maryland overseeding lawn tall turf-type fescue

There are tall fescues and there are turf type tall fescues, K-31 is the former and not recommended for fine lawns. The box stores and hardware stores handle turf-type tall fescue blends in quantities suitable for the home owner.

ro