a replacement of citric Acid

Dear
I have a brackish water desalination plant, and used to use, dosing sulfuric Acid to reduce and or remove hydrogen Sulfide , and due to an emergency situation I am looking for a replacement for the Sulfuric Acid , so what other local chemical materials can I use that can do the job instead of the Sulfuric Acid, your urgent replay will be highly appreciated

thank you

Outside United States engineering water testing and interpretation in-home water quality and treatment options desalinization

Based on the the title of "a replacement of citric acid" for this question, it appears that you have access to citric acid and are wondering if this can be used as a replacement for sulfuric acid to oxidize hydrogen sulfide in your brackish water source all the way to sulfate so that it can be removed by the membranes used in your desalination plant. You do not mention the pH of your water or whether the water source is ground water or surface water or whether the water before treatment contains gaseous or aqueous hydrogen sulfide, bisulfide and/or sulfide ion species. I will therefore assume that the water source is surface water or that it does not contain hydrogen sulfide gaseous and aqueous forms at levels which could be mostly removed by aeration and air-stripping (even though this could cause local odor issues). I will also assume that you do not wish to have additional forms of particles or precipitates forming during treatment which would further enhance potential membrane fowling, and that you prefer to remove the sulfide as dissolved sulfate, plus you have no issues with disposal of wastewater containing these sulfates and other chemicals. Based on what I do and do not know, which includes your sulfide species and their levels, the water temperature and pH, all I can advise is to run some bench top trials with whichever oxidizing agent you are using for the contact time you expect in your plant--and see if all the sulfide species are converted all the way to sulfate ions. This is about all I can answer without further information.